Monday 23 March 2015

Defection of Deputy: Rotimi Amaechi prepares to flee Nigeria and take asylum in a foreign country

Rotimi Amaechi prepares to flee Nigeria and take asylum in a foreign country
Governor Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State is preparing to flee Nigeria at the end of his tenure. Amaechi inadvertently disclosed this while reacting to the defection of his deputy, Engr. Tele Ikuru to the Peoples Democratic Party. 

In his words: "Though I saw it coming, but I never believed it. Our movement to APC was a collective decision and Tele was even the one who seconded the motion for us to defect to the APC. So it's unthinkable that he would return to the PDP. This whole fight is about you (APC members). Not me! I can't be governor again. Like I keep saying, the world is aware of my fight with the President. And so many countries will grant me asylum and the President can't arrest me. So it's about you people. If I knew Tele was going to betray me and make peace with Wike, I wouldn't have left the PDP. I will encourage you to remain steadfast and expect the worst, because some commissioners will soon join him or will remain with us to sabotage our efforts. And how do you go to elections with a divided house and political moles? I'm learning people."

Amaechi is scared that when Jonathan gets reelected as the president of Nigeria, he would be prosecuted over corrupts acts he perpetrated in Rivers State. Amaechi will lose his immunity at the end of his current tenure. Already Amaechi has acquired a private jet for this purpose.

Might's strategy might be to take a leave outside the country after the presidential election and before he loses his immunity. That way he will remain in exile while seeking asylum in a suitable country, from where he will remain out of reach of the hands of the law.

No comments:

Post a Comment