Monday 25 January 2016

Esther Okono is dead: Tributes pour in for the rising political activist

Esther Okono is dead: Tributes pour in for the rising political activist




The Biafran is shocked to receive information on the death of Esther Okono. The news hit with a bang! For those active on Nigeria's political blogosphere, Okono is about the most objective and hard critic of the Muhammadu Buhari administration. She is intelligent, fearless and say things without mincing words.


She wrote various inspiring articles some of which were published by The Biafran.

Checks made by a The Biafran online correspondent on her Facebook confirmed the sad news of the end of a very rare GEM.

One of her last posts on Facebook was:


"»»»Lai Mohammed said Boko Haram
insurgents have been defeated...«««
# Boko Haram kills 13, abducts 8 women, child
in Borno village#
Members of the Islamic sect, Boko Haram, on
Friday night, stormed the village of Kimba in
Gur ward of Biu Local Government Area of
Borno State, killing 13 people and abducting
eight others.
The attack, which took place at about 8:30
p.m., was said to be the sixth in that area
lately...."


Some of the tributes on her wall are reported below:


About an hour ago I received the sad news that you have passed on. My cousin sent an inbox message which said: Have you heard about your friend Esther? I returned the message for some clarification and he replied and said ' your Fb friend '. I asked what it was about her and he sent the last message which crushed my spirit: she is dead. I met Esther Okono on Fb. I never met her in person. I read her incisive comments always. She was a committed commentator on political affairs and a respectable fellow who was determined to get into the luminous sky with what she was doing.
The great leveller ( death ) has taken her away from us. We loved you Esther. May the light of God shine upon your soul. To joyful actvity shall your soul arise.


I can't believe that you are gone so so soon. I have waited since I heard the shocking news of your early demise till now, thinking that you will come and say it was a joke but until now no news, the only thing I see is RIP on your wall. Alas! So it's true. My sister Esty, it's painful but I guess you resting from all the struggles in this world.
Oh ye mortals, know ye that the lives that ye live is a borrowed life, and now knowest not when the owner will demand for it. Continue to rest on Esther Okono. RIP


I am saddened by the news of your death, Esther Okono. What more is there to say, but that there is the real life after this very short life on earth. We will miss you, Queen Esther. May your soul rest in peace.

What a life self???? Opened my Facebook and was hit by the shocking news.... that my very good friend here on Facebook Esther Okono is dead!!! I'm speechless. What is life???


This was her last update on facebook, I will miss you so much sis. Rest in peace Esther Okono

Esther Okono
»»»Lai Mohammed said Boko Haram
insurgents have been defeated...«««
# Boko Haram kills 13, abducts 8 women, child
in Borno village#
Members of the Islamic sect, Boko Haram, on
Friday night, stormed the village of Kimba in
Gur ward of Biu Local Government Area of
Borno State, killing 13 people and abducting
eight others.
The attack, which took place at about 8:30
p.m., was said to be the sixth in that area
lately....
5 people like this.
Comments

Untimely, very shocking and sudden death of my friend, Esther Okono has dampened my day. So sad inside of me.
Freedom Fighters Are Not Made, They Are Born and with the Spirit of Truth, the motivator. Esther was a freedom fighter. May Her Gentle Soul RIP. Adieu!

Sad mood for all Gejite family.
We lost a great Amazon today.
Esther Okono God knows why you have to die at this prime age but in all things I pray that God comfort all your families and friends.
RIP

Rest in Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment