Friday 12 December 2014

Buhari's high-level NEPOTISM and corruption exposed by Mustapha Jokolo his former ADC

Buhari's high-level NEPOTISM exposed by Mustapha Jokolo his former ADC
You may have recently come across a lot of good stuffs about Muhammadu Buhari, packaged by his minders  to whitewash his ugly nature and extremism and make him presentable to 'Nigerians'. Just like the biblical whited sepulchre, deep down counterfeit whited cloaked draped around Buhari is the perpetual extremist and tribalist and bigot.

A lot has been said about Buhari's double-standard after he overthrew the Shehu Shagari's and decided to imprison virtually all political leaders from Biafra and other parts of the southern Nigeria, including Sam Mbakwe, the best and perhaps only governor Imo State had ever had, while the ones from the north where virtually left untouched or placed on 'house arrest'.
These are facts that Buhari has tried as much as he could to downplay as he parades himself as an anti corruption crusader. Only the ignorant, gullible or simple individuals will ever be bamboozled by the whitewashed credentials that is being propagated by his cohorts.
Under Buhari's watch as the Head of State of Nigeria, various corrupt acts were covered, or ignored. Under his watch as the minister of Petroleum billions went missing. Under his watch as the boss of the Petroleum Trust Fund, hundreds of millions and other corrupt acts were perpetrated. It is either he is so incompetent  or he is deliberately involved in those shady deals.
Who else would know the inner workings of Buhari's mind other that his former Aide-de-Camp (ADC) Mustapha Jokolo?
Jokolo who has recently been reinstated as the Emir of Gwandu, in an interview with the Sun, inadvertently exposed Buhari's historic acts of nepotism at the peak of his regime as Nigeria's No1 citizen.
While trying to demonstrate how he tried to protect the interests of the former Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Ibrahim Dasuki, Jokolo revealed many hidden secrets about Buhari.
"Sultan Dasuki and I belong to Muhammadu Dan Fodio family. He belongs to the Sokoto ruling class through Usman Dan Fodio and I belong to Abdullahi Fodio. They are brothers, same father, and same mother. We have intertwined history between the two of us.

"Sultan Dasuki is like a grand uncle to me if you follow the lineage. . .
Mustapha Jokolo the Emir of Gwandu and former Buhari's ADC
"When I became Emir, he (Dasuki) was not really supportive of me. He supported Jega and I was not his candidate. For whatever reason, I don’t know. But his problem started from the time of our regime.

"He was not sultan then. He was the Chairman of the Bank of Credit and Commerce International (BCCI). There was a time that bank was being investigated for money-laundering. A report was sent to my office in 1984 from the SIP (Special Investigation Panel) headed by Ismaila Gwarzo, who was NSA during Abacha’s time. When I read the report, I knew members of the board of directors were all to be apprehended the next week. It was a Friday. I went to Buhari after saying special prayers for God to give me power over Buhari so that he could listen to what I was going to say to him. He was having his lunch when I went to him. He was alone and I didn’t sit down.

"He said ‘Mustapha, why don’t you sit down and eat?’ I said ‘I am very hungry sir, but I have no appetite’. He said ‘Is anything the problem?’ I said ‘Yes sir, I have a big problem’. He said ‘What is your problem?’ I said ‘I have just received a report from the SIP which showed that very soon, they are going to arrest Dasuki and co’. He said ‘Why?’ I said ‘Because of BCCI money-laundering’. He said ‘Well, what is your own there?’ I said ‘There is something sir’. One, he was only the chairman of the bank. He may not be aware of what was going on, especially since it had Indians and Pakistanis. Just being part-time chairman and he is an institution. I told Buhari that he was connected to him because his nephew Mamman Daura is married to his daughter. His son is married to my sister, that is Sambo, and he is married to my auntie. My father is very close to him and he was like my guardian when I was in the NDA. I was always going to his house with Sambo and I added that ‘Sir remember, we plotted this coup with Sambo. He played an active role in it, even though he was in America on course. I don’t think it will be very nice during our administration, Sir, for members of the board to be arrested.’ Buhari said as far as he was concerned, he was going to do his duty no matter who was concerned. I said ‘No sir, even God Almighty who created us Has people who worship other things other than him. When they pray to him, they will say forgive us and he would forgive them. I will not have you, Sir, arrest them with me here. Please drop that.’ He said ‘Okay, I will think about it.’ That was what saved Dasuki’s board at that time.

"Secondly, I was again in my office one morning when there was a call from the airport. Imani Aviation Captain phoned me to tell me that some soldiers came and arrested Sultan Dasuki who was Baradin Sokoto at that time. I said which soldiers, he could not give account. I think he mentioned soldiers from the airport or military whatever. But it was Dasuki who gave them my number that I should be alerted. He was not Sultan then because he became Sultan in 1988 and I am talking of 1984 or 1985. So, I quickly went to Buhari and said ‘Sir, we have a problem, Baradin has been arrested.’ He said ‘By who?’ I said I didn’t know, I was called by a pilot of Imani Aviation. He said I should go and enquire. I phoned DG, NSA and he said they were not the ones. I phoned General Akilu who was a Lieutenant Colonel at that time and Director of Military Intelligence and he too said they were not the ones. When I started making these enquiries, then he was released. So, to date, we don’t know who really arrested him. "
These were just for the Dasuki family alone. You can imagine what transpired with other families from the north. Jokolo further gave insights of how the country was and has been run by the Hausa-Fulani Oligarchy.
Buhari weeps

"There was also an incident where one of his close associate’s cousin, they call him Ibrahim Katuni, was arrested too. I think he was a Director of BCCI. When Katuni was arrested, Sultan Dasuki’s son, Ahmed, came to my office and told me that ‘Please, I think he was released but they refused to give him his passport’. So, Ahmed came to me and said that Katuni wanted an appointment to see me in the office. So, I said ‘What is wrong with Ahmed? Katuni is like my father. How can somebody like him come and look for appointment with me? Anytime he wants me to see him, I will come and see him’. I asked where he was and he said he was in Ikoyi Hotel. So, I drove to Ikoyi with Ahmed and we met him. I said ‘Sir, what is the problem?’ He said ‘Look, I have my passport confiscated by the NSO and I want to go for medical check up. Can you please help get that passport?’ I said ‘You will get it today by the grace of God’. I drove back to the office and phoned the DG, NSO to enquire whether he has Katuni’s passport and he said yes. I said I want him released and he said no. I said we came into this situation because this man is like my uncle. I am vouching for him that he will come back. He is a man of honour and will not run away. He need medical attention, so allow him to go. If he doesn’t come back, arrest me. He said okay, he was taking my words for it and sending the passport to me.
"There is another incidence again when his own daughter Zainab phoned me from Kano that her husband, late Brigadier Abbas Wali, was arrested at Kano airport. Dasuki’s daughter, elder sister to Sambo Dasuki, married late Brigadier Wali and they were living in Kano. Brigadier Wali retired during our administration and he was elder brother to Dr. Wali. One other Wali was Permanent Secretary. So, when he phoned me, this man had one leg because he lost a leg during the civil war. He was even senior to General Buhari. So, I imagined how anybody could arrest somebody who lost his leg during the war. So, I said it can’t be possible. We don’t know about it. So, I phoned Kano and it was difficult to get Kano. So, in the morning, we were having breakfast with General Buhari. I said ‘Sir, I got a phone from the wife of Brigadier Wali saying he has been arrested’. He (Buhari) said I should find out who arrested him. So, I called NSO, Military Intelligence, Gwarzo.

"All of them said they didn’t arrest Wali. So, I phoned the wife and told her her husband was not arrested. She insisted he was arrested. The next day was Friday and Sultan Dasuki, still Baradin, phoned me. He said ‘Mustapha, Abbas has been arrested’. I said ‘Sir, this was what happened, but I also want you to hold on, I have hotline in my office’. I phoned DG, NSO and said ‘I have Baradin on the line with me now. He is confirming to me that Brigadier Abbas Wali has been arrested’. He checked up with his deputy who was (Chief Albert) Horsefall who confirmed to him that he was not arrested. So, I told Dasuki that he was not arrested. It was Ramadan time and on Saturday, I went to General Babangida who was the Chief of Army Staff. I said ‘Sir, this is the situation and this is what is going on. Do you anything about it?’ He said it wouldn’t have been possible because he authorized Brigadier Wali to go to London for medical treatment. He should be somewhere in London.

On Tuesday, Buhari called me and said ‘Mustapha, what you said is true. I had already forgotten about it’. I said ‘Sir, what is it?’ He said Brigadier Wali was arrested. I said ‘What! By who?’ He said one Bishara, an NSO man, arrested him in Kano without anybody knowing and locked him up in their centre for one week. He was in detention without anybody knowing. So, General Buhari asked me to go and bring him because they had released him. I should ask him to come with Dr Wali who was our own doctor. His brother, same father, same mother was Chief Physician to General Buhari. The purpose was to come to break fast with us and I said ‘Yes sir’. I went and told Dr. Wali, ‘You go and bring your brother and tell him to come and break fast with the Head of State. I am not coming for that breakfast. It is too embarrassing for me to face this man after all that has happened’. So, you can now see the cumulative effect of these things, how it has been breeding bad blood."
Jokolo also revealed Buhari's incompetence and the fact that many has known for a while that he was a mere figurehead, who powerful military officers like Tunde Idiagbon and Ibrahim Babangida, as well as ex military officers such as T.Y. Danjuma was playing like a pawn.
Jokolo gave an instance of such power play: "For example, when Chief Awolowo’s house was searched, Buhari never knew about it. He read it on the pages of newspapers. It was carried out by a group of military officers who arranged for Chief Awolowo’s house to be searched. They knew Buhari would not come out to say ‘I didn’t order it’."
Well these were all from the horses mouth. Jokolo was the only person who would have been very close to Buhari, being his ADC, so he knows quite a lot about it. One thing that is striking is that Jokolo doesn't appear perturbed by the revelations he was making, because it was not odd or extra ordinary to him. As far as he was concerned it was just normal for laws to be bent to favour your kith and kin.Vote Buhari once again and get your people relegated back into the abyss.

No comments:

Post a Comment